Conn. College: Admission
Designer Photo Editor
Designed admission marketing collateral, art directed photoshoots, shot photography, and coordinated print production/direct-mail. Developed admission sub-brand.
Connecticut College sits atop a 100-year-old arboretum campus that houses 1,900 undergraduate students. To maintain a competitive applicant pool, the college actively markets to prospective students, who today receive materials from 15 colleges or more.
- Admission marketing devoid of a consistent look and feel.
- Publications were text heavy, failing to show the college experience.
- Print marketing was expensive to produce and not environmentally responsible.
- Create a sub-identity based on the "viewbox" and designate an institutional look and feel for publications more serious in tone.
- Standardize printed intake forms for easier comprehension and completion.
- Hire a lifestyle photographer to capture a holistic and vibrant campus-life experience.
- Align print marketing to the college’s environmental values.
- $8,000 saved in print expenses in one year.
- The first inhouse iteration of the "viewbox" received a 2011 American Package Design Award.
- Standardized publication formats to minimize expenses and waste. Established print production policies for environmentally responsible paper and press inks.
- Admission applications broke records.