Brand Strategist, Art Director, Copywriter, Front-end, Photographer
Designed new visual identity, sub-brands and print marketing. Designed/coded a responsive website from scratch using Bootstrap, PHP, and an XML-based CMS. Designed merchandise and social media graphics. Conducted marketing surveys which fueled the brand strategy. Shot photography.
Read Case Study
Established in the coastal city of New London, Conn., as a gay bar in 1974, Frank's Place had a customer base primarily consisting of males ages 21-31 and 40-60.
- Low beverage sales and customer attendance, due in part to negative perceptions.
- No strategic marketing plan. Print and online directories contained inaccurate contact information.
- No external advertising of special events and drink specials.
- Rebuild brand recognition with a new brand identity.
- Create new marketing streams to advertise events with images and messaging relevant to the target audience.
- Develop a friendly, conversational and witty voice.
- Establish social media and accommodate mobile traffic from Facebook to the website.
- Photograph the staff, facility and food to combat negative perceptions.
- Facebook page gained 1,500+ likes in one year.
- Beverage sales increased by 200 cases per month.
- Boosted staff morale was recognized by customers as reflected in a customer survey.
- Negative perceptions about value and safety improved.
- Select print marketing received a Graphic Design USA in 2010.