Art Director, Designer (UI/UX), Photographer, Front-End
Designed and coded responsive website with Bootstrap, PHP, CSS animations, and an XML-based CMS. Designed album packaging, print marketing and merchandise; created illustrations and photographed packaging images. Also designed visual identity.
Visit IZZ Website
Seven talented instrumentalists adept at multi-part vocal harmonies formed the progressive rock band IZZ during the 1990s.
- No visual identity that unified music catalog.
- Print marketing and merchandise devoid of a consistent look and feel.
- Album trilogy required different packaging, but maintain common threads of visuals.
- Build a library of images to use across the entire album trilogy: headstones, textures and statues were photographed in historical cemetery.
- Design a logo to build establish recognition -- the negative space forms the band name.
- Research typefaces that speak to classic tombstones.
- Provide a desktop-to-mobile experience for smartphone users.
- Identity added value and improved packaging design.
- Record sales increased by 57%.
- IZZ garnered stronger recognition among other bands within progressive rock.