Purchase Environmental Protective Association (PEPA)
Art Director, UX Designer, Front-End, Copy Writer
Designed brand identity, stationery and other print marketing. Created hi-fidelity UX wireframes that outlined the website’s page content and flow. Designed responsive website using Bootstrap and PHP, and implemented an XML-based CMS.
VIEW → Website | UX Docs (PDF)
PEPA is a non-profit organization committed to protecting the environment of Purchase, New York through preservation, sustainable development and reservation initiatives.
- Antiquated visual identity not ideal for digital marketing.
- Outdated and static website created a poor user experience.
- Print marketing was not environmentally responsible.
- Declining membership and financial donations.
- Leverage brand recognition: pair the PEPA acronym with the full company name in the identity.
- Attract mobile traffic with a desktop-to-mobile experience.
- Establish credibility with a color palette and imagery relevant to the local area.
- Improve the experience for older users: enlarge the font, consolidate pages and reduce clicks.
- Reinforce environmental values: run print marketing environmentally responsible paper.
- Improved online user experience: Restructured the site’s content (combining similar pages, reducing clicks); incorporating article tagging and site-wide search.
- Reduced environmental footprint and aligned print marketing with company values.
- Boosted community interest reflected in an increase of annual donations.
- Select materials won gold in the 2009 Advertising Club of Westchester's Annual Big W Awards.